Hello everyone!Well, it's been quite a long time since I've written... (again!)- Life just keeps catching up with me unfortunately!
As you all probably know, it was the Oscar Awards last Sunday, and wow- what a mixture of outfits, nails and surprises (I bet that pizza delivery guy had an awesome time!)
From this moment on, we're all going to act as if we were there- deal? Lemme just go find my frock...
Okay, I'm ready!
Shall we start with the less surprising facts of the Oscars then? Such as...
|Jennifer Lawrence falling over...|
|Frozen winning an oscar... Or two... (It was bound to happen!)|
|And of course, the return of the amazing Manicam!|
A Couple of the Best Dressed...
|Tara Lipinski looking gorgeous here! (image credit to justjared.com)|
|Sandra Bullock (image credited to oscars.go.com)|
Sandra Bullock looks amazing in this navy blue gown- though I'm glad she's wearing it and not me, I'd totally end up tripping over!
And a couple of the Worst Dressed... (In my opinion! Feel free to disagree! ^^)
|Liza Minnelli (image credited to oscar.go.com)|
|Cate Blanchett (image credited to oscar.go.com)|
To wrap this part of the post up, I'm gonna pop a couple of the best images of the night here- including Ellen's super-famous record-breaking selfie!
And now... in the second part of this post... Let's talk NAILS!
The Best Mani's of the 2014 Oscars!
Personally, I tend to find that no mani is a bad mani! And wow, the Oscars has definitely supported me on that!
There was a very good range of colours and designs- from pastels to burgundies, plain colours to nail art to french manis! Definitely a great place to take inspiration from!
My personal favourites include:
|Kelly Osbourne's Mani (image credited to uk.eonline.com)|
|Maria Menounos' Mani (image credited to uk.eonline.com)|
|Jennifer Garner's Mani (image credited to uk.eonline.com)|
How to get your very own Oscar-ready nails:
(We were totally there- remember?)
1. Clean and prepped nails- as always!
2. Go grab your favourite colour! (Or collection of colours!) I've gone with 5 blue-greens and arranged them from dark to light on one hand, and light to dark on the other! What colour(s) are you going with?
3. A bit of sparkle is always a good thing (until you come to remove it, but pfft, we'll figure that part out later!) Here I went for a gradient, but glitter highlight nails are equally as awesome for those sophisticated events.
4. Top coat! (Even *after* a glitter top coat- it helps to keep it nice and perfect during your big night)
5. Match your outfit around your nails! Never the other way around ;)
Oh, you wanted more pics? Sure!
Another way to get amazing Oscar-ready nails is to check outJulep's Nail Polishes!
They have a huge range of polishes and the colours are absolutely stunning, so definitely check them out! :)
I hope you enjoyed being a part of the Oscars today! I look forward to seeing you there next year, and in the mean time, dazzling everybody with your Oscar-ready nails :P
Don't forget to leave a comment on your favourite moments/outfits/manis at the Oscars!
See you soon!~Rachel xxx
The idea for this blog post was sent to me by Abbey, from Julep- thanks Abbey!