I mentioned briefly yesterday that I was nominated for a Liebster Award! Well, this is thanks to Emily from Nailsxo and also Emily from Nails Must Be Painted! I adore their blogs, so make sure you check them out!
The rules/conditions of this award are as follows... You must:
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and notify them of your nomination.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions given to you by the blogger(s) who nominated you.
- Give your nominees 11 questions to answer.
- Link back to the blogger(s) who nominated you.
On with the conditions then!
*My Chosen Bloggers: (no particular order!)
*11 Facts about Me...
- My family & friends think I have too much nail polish (pfft, there's no such thing!)
- I used to be really good at saving money... now I'm just good at spending it.
- There are many, many 'classic' films I haven't seen (in example, the Lord of the Rings movies, Star Wars, Star Trek, Shawshank Redemption, to name a few...)
- I'm scared of bees and wasps.
- I'm also terrified of going up ladders.
- I was born without an arch in my foot, resulting in many years of insole-wearing (which I'm still supposed to do...) and extremely bad balance!
- I love country music!
- I'd rather listen than talk.
- I often wonder how life would be different if certain things had been different (don't we all!)
- Disney (and Marvel) movies are my all-time-favourites (alongside Bridget Jones, of course)
- I overuse brackets... (a lot)
*Questions from Nailsxo!
- What's your favourite animal? As a first-year Zoology student, I've been asked this a lot these past few weeks, and honestly, I love them all so much, but I'm always going to have to settle on the wolf. It's just such a beautiful creature.
- What's your favourite nail polish brand? Okay.... This is tough too! I'm going to have to go for 4... 2 'drugstore' brands- Models Own and Barry M, and 2 'high end' brands- Nails Inc and OPI. I regret nothing!
- Is there anything you dislike about blogging? Sometimes I'll plan out my day in my head and slot writing a blog post in somewhere... and then get distracted and forget and sitting up writing it at 3am so I don't let anyone down. It's a good thing I don't mind being sleep-deprived though!
- What do you do to make sure you have time for your blog in the busy lives we all lead? So I just accidentally answered this, didn't I? I don't sleep... :P
- Which is your favourite social network for posting your work and interacting with other bloggers? Personally, I love facebook for posting things because if shows you the visual with the link- but they're really selective on who sees what, which is annoying. And Twitter is pretty amazing for interacting with anyone, blogger or audience, so I'll go for Twitter.
- Do you have any other hobbies outside of your blog? Reading and music! I play the flute and clarinet, so I'm trying to juggle orchestra rehearsals with books and nail polish and everything else!
- What's your favourite food? Errrrrm.... I'm gonna name foods here- cheese, sweetcorn, chocolate, raspberries, strawberries, (red) grapes, oranges, salad, pasta, rice.....
- What manicure are you currently wearing? I just painted my nails one of Barry M's new Silk polishes, but you'll have to wait and see which one it is!
- Do you plan which manicures you want to do, or sit down and decide at the time? It varies... Usually I plan and then that goes down the drain due to simple laziness or "oo actually, that's a nice colour!"
- Do you watch any TV series? If so which is your favourite? I doooo watch TV series! At the moment I'm into Great British Bake Off (final this week- eep!), Doctor Who, Once Upon a Time, Breaking Bad (still on Season 1), Friends, Sherlock, Game of Thrones, Lost. I think Game of Thrones is definitely my favourite though!
- What's your favourite film? I'm choosing Thor for this question... Simply because of Loki/Tom Hiddleston... Just look at his little face!
(photo credit to Hello magazine)
Okay wow, a big thank you Emily at Nailsxo (link above) for those questions! Onto the next set... This is gonna be a long post!
*Questions from Nails Must Be Painted!
- What is your all time favourite polish? I rave about this one all the time. OPI's Liquid Sand "What Wizardry is This?". So perfect!
- Where do you get most of your inspiration? Soooo, I generally just swatch, unless I'm doing a challenge, but during these I'll look at other blogger's designs and think of ways I can twist a book's plot or a movie poster into some form of naily goodness.
- What is your favourite Indie polish? I haven't gotten round to exploring the world of Indie polish yet! :(
- What is your favourite pattern? Spots are pretty cool! Also hearts and stars, if they count.
- What is your favourite song? As of this moment, it's "Tattoo" by Hunter Hayes! Such a cheery tune!
- What is the most interesting place you've travelled to? Ermmm, hm, I've travelled too much to answer this, every place is interesting in it's own little way... I think I'm gonna have to go for the exotic places- Hawaii was pretty interesting because of its climate and it's one of those places that literally looks the same as it does on the postcards, which can be quite unusual. And also Atlantis in the Bahamas is pretty interesting in an extremely awesome way. I think it's the way they captured the theme of it being the 'lost city', it's just amazing!
- If you could go anywhere in the World, where would you go? Everywhere! One of my life-goals is to visit every single country of the World at least once in my lifetime. No matter if it's for 10 minutes or 10 years, I will visit each country once. If I have to pick right now then I'm gonna say Canada- it's just somewhere specific I've always wanted to visit.
- Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Well... the chicken would have had to exist to lay the egg... But then the chicken would have had to come from an egg... But the egg could have been laid by something else that produced the chicken as a mutant thing... Basically, I don't have a clue!
- What is your favourite Disney film? Oooo.... I really love Tangled and Frozen... But then also Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King... I'll take them all!
- Do you have any pets? Nope :(
- What colour do you wear on your nails most often? I'm like 90% sure that it's blue. I always seem to be wearing it!
Thanks to Emily from Nails Must Be Painted (link above) for those questions! Last part of the post now... Here come my questions!
*My Questions to My Nominees!
- What is your favourite thing to blog about?
- If you could pack up and move anywhere in the World right now, where would it be to?
- If you could choose anyone in the World to ever exist (so alive or dead) to have dinner with, who would you choose?
- If you could see the future, would you choose to look?
- Do you look for looks or personality in a partner?
- Would you rather read the book or watch the movie?
- What is your worst fear?
- Favourite genre of music?
- If you could go back in time, what year would you go back to?
- Aside from food, water and shelter (and air), what could you not go a day without?
- If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
So I hope you all enjoy answering those questions, please drop me a comment when you do- I'd love to read your answers!
Thank you all for reading this essay of a post- have a good day and I shall see you tomorrow for a swatchy swatch post!
(PS. Don't forget that the mascara giveaway ends Saturday 11:59pm)